Bill Garcia: Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Negotiation Skills Expertise
“At-the-table” contract negotiation experience and negotiation training in a global business environment are two qualities that differentiate Bill Garcia from other negotiation training professionals. The co-founder of TableForce, Bill Garcia has developed a notable career resume in both entrepreneurial and corporate environments, nationally and internationally. Born a U.S. citizen and raised throughout Latin America (Argentina, Brazil and Chile), he is fluent in Spanish, conversational in Portuguese and he understands Latin American businesses and their customs. These qualities allow Bill to help a diverse group of clients better understand the art of negotiating through his negotiation workshops.
Besides an impressive educational background in negotiation and international business, his entrepreneurial experience includes being a founder and board member of a business-to-business global sourcing company, as well as several other smaller LLP ventures. Bill’s ability to generate ideas, raise capital and lead executive teams has developed throughout his career. Bill’s exemplary servant leadership is exemplified by his involvement in his church, in the local community, and with non-profit organizations where he willingly shares his negotiation skills. One such organization is “Focus: HOPE” of metropolitan Detroit, where he has provided negotiation training. He has also served as a justice for the Moot Court of the American Bar Association’s Negotiation Competition and as an adjunct professor at Davenport University, where he specialized in business-to-business marketing and international marketing.
Trained in Negotiation Consulting and Business Management
Besides practical experience in negotiating and international business, Bill has augmented his skills by completing programs at some of the nation’s leading academic institutions, including:
- Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation
- Notre Dame University, Executive Certificate in Negotiation
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Negotiation Strategies for Managers Program
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, Masters of International Management (MBA)
- James Madison College (Honors), Michigan State University
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations
Negotiation Career Highlights
Excelling in global business with experience on six continents, Bill Garcia has focused on helping to bridge international trade by making strategic career choices related to his profession. These opportunities have allowed him to refine his international negotiation skills.
- Garcia & Associates — Founder of this international negotiation training firm providing client-driven, customized negotiation training to organizations in over 30 countries on six continents since 1997. Bill has personal negotiating experience in over 45 countries to date.
- PointGlobal — Co-founder and Vice President of Sales and Marketing of this global sourcing, e-commerce and supply chain management company.
Family and Interests
Bill was born a U.S. citizen and raised throughout Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, and Chile). He and his family reside in the Columbus, Ohio area. He is an avid golfer (and vendor to the PGA Tour and LPGA) and is known to travel great distances for a challenging round.